Friday, July 18, 2008

Got a Light




Back and rested from a week at the beach.
After unpacking I have a few jobs waiting for me, which is always nice- they include a series of illustrations for Smart Money Dimensions and a couple of web projects that I started before I left.

In between lounging in the sun, some rough swims in the Atlantic (courtesy of Hurricane Bertha, which was blowing by somewhere far off the coast)  and bocce ball games on the beach, I managed to squeeze in a few volumes of 'Mad Men' while on vacation. I'd only seen part of the first episode, but kept hearing how good it was and decided to check out the DVDs. I'm looking forward to catching up with the rest of the first season this summer. 

I'm not a smoker, but I do collect vintage ashtrays, everything from ceramic Sasha B. igloo ashtrays to the illustrated metal ones once found in motel rooms across the country. In a TV series like Mad Men, set in the ad world of the 1960's(where anyone that matters smokes) they obviously use some good period ashtrays as props, and that inspired me to post a few ashtrays from my collection.